Friday, September 12, 2008

Leaving the Country! New friends! Loving Thunderstorms!

Top five of the VI (this week):
5. Hurricane season. I know, I know, I'm crazy, right? But here in the VI, we mostly getting these amazingly badass thunderstorms. Hands of lightning rip through the sky, warm rain you could take a shower in, and the smells afterward! I hope i never get so used to them that i stop smelling them.
4. Mofolie Hill. Home of the second rectory of our flagship parish, this spot is a slice of heaven (with a studio apartment involved..."wish!") Sitting on top of the island, overlooking Charlotte Amalie and high enough to see St. Croix lying in the water 40 some miles away. God, could i live there! Fr. Lenroy Cabey took me up when we went for a drive the other day. That guy is a great minister, and (i hope) a great friend.
3. Leaving the country to go to work. I'm heading to the UKVI today for a wekeend of meet and greet and 6:00am sunday service (ugh). But I can't wait to see this new part of the world.
2. Fruit. 'nuff said
1. Being wanted/needed for who I am and what i bring, not looking at me for the things i need to improve. I felt judged in Ohio most of the time. I feel needed here.

Next week, I hope to start posting more sketches and photos. along with updates to the work we're doing here.

No comments: