Monday, October 13, 2008

One Week! Losing my touch...

I can't believe i let this slip for an entire week! So sorry. Here's a bullet point of what has been up, because it's been eventful, for sure:
1. I researched and outlined a program for teaching people to teach. Essentially, it is a summation of the major points of my own education training, plus some pieces i worked along the way. I'm turning it into a presentation and activity-based program, to be delivered in two 2 hour sessions. Phew! Talk about a big deal...
2. but that wasn't enough! I also researched the outline for a mentor-based program to help with adults who are willing to work with teenagers. Yep, i am always the overachiever...
3. We had a GREAT time at AYO! I think we're looking at a fellowship and outreach group, but it's just "work" getting those kids to talk...
4. I found my way through to Magen's bay beach with a friend and her two kids. It was a couple of hours of bliss...and now i know how to get there, so it's completely golden.
5. Spent a 12 hour day yesterday, and a total of 4 church services! Well, three and half, i guess. Three at St. Andrew's, and an AMAZING healing service at the cathedral.
6. Finally finished painting my room her at Domini House, it looks stunning. I can't wait til it's settled enough to move in.
More wisdom this week, i believe, and a full day at the office tomorrow. Also, St. Andrew's vestry meets tomorrow where we're presenting our proposed changes to Youth Committee, and input from the teens.

PHEW! and most people come to the islands to relax! HA!
Love you all

No comments: