Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The gift of sabbath

For the first time in my professional career, i took a vacation "because i was tired." I wasn't frustrated, i wasn't angry, or burnt out...i was just tired.

It was amazing.

Not only because i was able for the first time to honor sabbath, but also because even in the midst of the violence on my street, the angst that flows through the virgin islands, and the challenges faced by a Bishop trying to bring a new vision to an old diocese, i am here only because god called me to be here.

I took a break because it was time for a break from a real call and to become refreshed for my next round of challenges and work.

Today? I was teaching at All Saints School all day. back in the saddle, making plans, and planning trips for the powerhouse visitors i hope to bring here from across the country. and trips to take powerhouse ministers from the virgin islands to let the rest of the country see them.

It was amazing. I miss my family and friends already, but know that without them, i wouldn't be able to be here anyway.

No comments: