Tuesday, December 9, 2008

life after gunshots

i was eating a cheeseburger yesterday, and the back door of the truck fell open. I jumped out of my seat.
I was driving through Charlotte Amalia when a car backfired. I almost wrecked while trying to duck and cover.
Someone slammed a door in diocesan house. I almost peed myself.

This is what happens when you're nerves are shot from living in a neighborhood of constant violence and gunfights. Of backyard dogfights, cat screams, rats, garbage, and dirt. I'm so done with garden street, and so done with people thinking that because i live in the caribbean that live is always sunny and i have nothing to complain about.

It's raining outside.
A nice guy was almost killed this sunday.
...and you can bet there'll be payback once he gets out of the hospital...

i gotta get outa here.

No comments: